Sunday, February 6, 2011

One More Sleep

K has been out of town on a business trip since Tuesday. It's nice to have a break once in a while, but after about the second day, I want him back. As much as I miss him though, with everything that's gone on lately with his brother, I'm glad that he was able to get away. The training conference was only 3 days of the trip, so yesterday & today they've been doing some sight seeing and shopping. He's with 4 other co-workers...a couple of which are close friends, so I know he's in good hands. I think the trip was good timing. Yes, he's swamped with work..... but to have a few extra days in Miami to just get some r&r.. I'm glad that he was able to do that.
I try not to hover over him. I know him too well though. He's likely to just bury himself in work and I guess I just worry that at some point, loosing Phil is going to hit him and I'm afraid that I wont be there when that happens. As much as I hope to never have to see him that sad again, I don't want him to be alone should be feel that way again.

Today is Super Bowl Sunday. This is the first Super Bowl in 8 years that I wont watch the game with K. Usually we have friends come over, tons of food and a friendly little wager. But even though we're watching the game 4800 km away from each other.... we still have a friendly little wager :) GO STEELERS!!

No comments: