Thursday, January 6, 2011

The First Step


Despite the fact that at the time & shortly there after this feels like torture, I have always liked pilates. Not sure why....maybe it's that good burn you feel...or just the fact that if it hurts it's got to be working right? Well regardless, it was my first step towards my goal. Back on drinking what feels like 8 gallons of water a day....but really it's not that much. But with that comes going to the bathroom a million times a day....but my thought is that the more that comes out the better right? I rarely watch Dr.Phil but yesterday I watched him as he was talking about the '17 Day Diet'. It appears that it really works so I went online and ordered the book...so when it arrives, we'll give that a try. Until then, it's eating better, pilates, lots of water and possibly getting a work out disk for the XBOX Kinect... that ought to get me through until the weather is better and I can go walking outside.
I'm not sure if I want to put the pressure on to loose X lbs by X date....because I disappoint easily and would be likely to eat back anything I'd lost if I didnt reach my goal as planned. They way I look at it is anything lost is better than not...and as long as I look better & fit into smaller clothes by summer (spring would be better), thats good enough for me :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

good for you Michelle!
i am doing the same thing. I am like you and don't dwell on the weight just how I feel in my clothes. I am doing Insanity again yet I have to wait until I am feeling better again. I was thinking of getting the EA sports active for the Wii I think they have it for Kinect too. and i have heard nothing but great things about it.