Monday, January 3, 2011

Back Into Pumpkins....

This morning (well actually it began last night) we all turned back into pumpkins as the alarm clocks were set, the school lunches were made, kids up and out the door with the sunrise...and now here at 2pm, an empty & quiet house for me. Yes, happy that I have my 'me' time back...but already missing the little monkeys. Amazing how fast a house can go from 8 kids all bouncing off the walls with holiday excitement to just me and my 'furry children'.
Today's is my baby's 5th birthday. Where did those 5 years go? I suppose now that she's 5, I can no longer use the phrase "I'd like to lose my baby weight". Crap!
She is quite the little human (babies are 'tiny humans' so I guess she'll now join the little human category). Very smart - school wise and in the world. She was quite excited to take her birthday party invitations to school today to deliver to her friends...only the girls though. Thankfully at 5 years old, boys are still yucky.
I've tried to turn my emotions around. Instead of being sad that she's not a baby, I'm trying to go about it with being proud at what a wonderful 5 year old she is. It has it's moments, but I guess I'm just a sap.
It's nice to have the house back to normal and the schedule back. I miss Keith already. He really stuck to his promise of not working during the Christmas - New Years break. But it seemed like New Years Day a switch went off, and I've hardly seen him since. He works hard and I know that aside from him not really having a choice, he does enjoy it and he is so good at what he does...and although I'm so thankful for how hard he works, I do get my selfish moments sometimes and miss him. But that just makes that time he his home very special.
Well I'm off to do some planning for Brooklyn's birthday party this weekend. Always fun planning a princess party for 6-8 little girls!

No comments: