Friday, January 8, 2010

Baby turns 4


Last Sunday, Brooklyn turned 4 years old...... 4 YEARS OLD!! It does not seem like it has been 4 years.....wow! She entertains us constantly and Keith & I are convinced that she has already outsmarted the rest of her siblings.... I guess when you are the youngest of 9, you would not want to get lost in the shuffle.

As with the rest of our kids, Brooklyn has out grown the 'family' birthday parties.... now that she is in school, it was necessary to have a party with her friends. So Sunday afternoon we had Brooklyn, Morgan and 2 of Brooklyn's friends over to the house for a little party. Their were crafts, games, presents and of course, cake! She had a great birthday and it was only a little bit teary for me ;)


Next will be Zachary's birthday - on the 27th. He also wants to have a birthday party with some of his friends from school.... so probably just a couple hours of a few 5 year old boys....what could possibly go wrong there. It will be fun though!

Other things going on...... I had some home renovations start today. Since I started working with Keith from home...we tried to share the upstairs office but then we both got so busy that we were in each others way - plus I need to be closer to where the kids are to make sure that they are not destroying the house while I'm working. So I took over the main level room at the front of the house....blue prints class it as a dining room but we've never used it for one. I've been working in it for a few months now....but finally we decided that it needed to be closed in with doors (2 french doors to be exact)... so that is started today and should be done in a few days. I'm really excited and it will look super nice!

Not much else to report right now.... having this week back to normal with having to go back to waking up at 6:30am everyday, already has me looking forward to the teacher convention break that they get in February.... I'm blessed with kids that have learned the art of sleeping in :)

No comments: