Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Great Day

Clearly it was known that the Olympic Torch would be coming through Calgary on it's way to Vancouver. However...for it to come & stop in our awesome little town, Chestermere, was an awesome experience today!

I remember when the '88 Olympics were here...I remember the school getting all hyped up and all the fun. So I was very excited to be able to experience that with my kids today. The older kids understood more about it.....the younger kids didn't really get it but still they thought it was some sort of magic. Brooklyn's biggest concern of the day was 'I hope no one blows it out Mom'.... me too sweetie!

I love the Olympics - winter more than summer. I find them very inspiring. I wasn't really 100% about going today as all the kids except Brooklyn were going with their schools and I was definitely waiting to see what the weather was going to do. January in Alberta....it could have been +10 or -40....thankfully, it was a sunny +3. I am so glad that I went. There were tons of people there and the sense of community & Canadian spirit was alive and well.

Three words sum it up for me..... hope, unity & freedom!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I was glad that it came to our neck of the woods too. Once ina lofe time experience for the kids. I don't remeber the torch run in calgary but we did got to a medal ceremony which was awesome