Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm Just Me



This song has always been a favorite of mine. Mostly as it's just a great song & one of my most favorite uncles does an amazing job singing it, but lately it is more an anthem for my life. I'm just me. I'm not afraid of being true to myself, despite the ruffling of other peoples feathers. I cant imagine living a life that does not make me happy. I wonder how many people are living a life to please others? I know many. I wonder if they asked themselves what they actually wanted or how they wanted to live their lives....and if they knew that no one would judge (or better yet, not care what other people think, which is the path I took), if they would actually be honest with themselves. Too many people are living a life that they told to be living. They make choices based on what other people will think of them. Doubtful that it is even close to what they want. There is constant proof of this when they say 'we cant do that' 'we're not suppose to do that'. How sad to live a life where you can not be your real self. I had to make a choice. To continue to live a life of hypocrisy and unhappiness...but keeping the people around me happy or to live the life that I wanted, a life that makes me happy and makes me a better person, mother & wife - but came with the consequence of having people turn their backs on me and treat me differently. But when you are living a life that makes you happy and that you know is the life I both wanted and was meant to have - the opinion of others mattes very little.
So I'm just me..... but I'm a pretty great me!

No comments: