Thursday, September 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home



We finally made it. Tuesday at noon I arrived at our new house....3 hours later the first U-Haul load was unloaded and the unpacking began. By the end of the first night, I was still looking around wondering if I really was getting to live here. When I had seen the house previously, it had been full of the previous occupants crap. Messy...untidy....but it was still gorgeous. But when I walked in on Tuesday and it was empty, I fell deeper in love. They had actually cleaned it up better than I thought...I expected to spend the first 3 days just cleaning...but as it worked out, it only took a few hours. First night, Keith, I and kids were sleeping on mattresses.....but I was so happy to be in the house, it did not matter. By day 2, all of the stuff was moved from the Chestermere house. I got the entire kitchen unpacked...so much room that I think I even have 2-3 empty cupboards..hmmmm to leave empty or shop??

Today was awesome! Kids started on the school bus. So the only time I have to go to the school is at noon to drop Zachary & Brooklyn off for kindergarten. It was very interesting this afternoon to be home from dropping off the 2 little kids and had 3 hours on my own. Got a lot of unpacking done, laundry, organizing...and then waited on my gorgeous deck watching the children come down the driveway from the bus. They came running into the house with their big stories of all the fun & excitement of the day. A very good day!

Keith has not worked a lot the last 2 days with the move going on. So now, he is working at the Calgary Home Show this weekend....which means tonight - Sunday...not home until close to 10pm. So, the kids and I have a mission of cleaning all day Saturday at the Chestermere house. Needs to be done, and most definitely will be easier with all the furniture out of the way. It will be nice to have that last cleaning done and then we'll just be here.

I took a few minutes off from unpacking & cleaning yesterday afternoon while I was on my own here. Took a walk around the property and even discovered that we have an apple tree. Picked a couple, washed them and shared with the kids when they got home from school. They were very excited. I would love to have more fruit trees & a garden...but my fear is that all the wild life would just eat it. I'm hoping to try anyway. During this whole move the weather has been cloudy & rainy. Next week it's suppose to be cool but at least dry and sunny, so I'm hoping to get out in they yard and pull some weeds and do some raking.

So now with Keith out tonight until close to 10pm and the kids back on a good bed time schedule, I'm thinking it might be a good night to try out my big jet tub =)

I'm going to take some pictures around the property....stay tuned!

No comments: