Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Feels Like Home



How have we survived the past week in our new house you might ask? One word sums it up...PERFECT! This feels like where we've always been meant to be. The last few nights in our old house, I was really stressed out. I would lay awake and wonder "what if we get in the new house and we hate it?"...."what if no one sleeps for the first few nights because its new?"....

From the very first night it has been better than I had ever hoped for. Kids have settled in and I'm pleasantly shocked at how well they've adjusted. They are getting involved at their schools, making friends and doing really well in their classes. Bed times are very organized and we seem to be slipping into a great schedule with kids and bus times and the new arrangement of chores as we've had to adapt our chores to our surroundings. For instance, at the old house, one of Cole's chores was cleaning up the 'dog mess' in the backyard. Clearly here, not so much a problem as it's hard to find tiny amounts of dog poop on 2 acres of land ;) So, Cole had to be designated to a new task. But so far they are still so excited about moving into the new house, that chores are done willingly....doubt that will last long.

As for me, I'm doing better than I thought I would be. Not only am I on my own every afternoon....but in a new house that isn't close to anyone...and a community where I know no one... I was kind of worried about me. But I'm so relaxed here - this has been a good move for me. Not sure if it's just the fact that all the move stress is over...or if it's the quiet country life; but whatever it is it's working.

No comments: