Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Catch Up

It's been a while...yes I know. But you know...new house...work...kids..

House is still amazing. We hosted thanksgiving sort of a way to kill a few birds with the same stone. My parents had just got back from their month long trip in the USA, we had the new house we wanted all the family to see....so there ya go - thanksgiving at the Young's.

I was a single mom for Halloween. Keith was out of town on business in sunny C.A. and so that left me + 6 kids on our own to do costume sorting out, pumpkin carving and trick or treating. But, because I'm me, it all went extremely smooth and the kids had a great time. Here are some pics:












One thing I've learned since being at the new place, there is more wildlife around that we might actually know about. Since moving out here in mid-September, we've lost 3 cats (still have the one we brought with us, the three that have gone missing were ones that I found for free online once we were here) and 2 dogs....Diego & Bella. With Diego, I'm fairly certain that a large bird swooped him up as he went missing in the mid afternoon....highly unlikely that it was a coyote. With Bella...she went charging after some deer last week very early in the morning when it was still dark...so god knows what happened to her. So, the lesson learned is that only big dogs for us. We still have Muffin (who's now 7)...and Keith rescued a 5 year old Border Collie named Cleo just before Thanksgiving...and as of a few days ago, we are the owners of a 9 week old German Shepherd/Lab cross puppy named Zoey. So with their size and us keeping a watchful eye...hopefully no one else goes missing.

I've gone back into the travel biz. I shut it down a few months ago...a few different reasons. But with the move over, kids all in school and Keith working so much - it was time to get back into it. I changed a few things and emailed some previous clients and the bookings are already coming in. I've missed it and I think that it's really going to turn into something amazing this time. Way more time to put into it and the drive...which is key when running your own business.

Well time to get back to it. Have a great day!

No comments: