Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Here's the Latest....

We awoke this morning to this:



Does it make for great driving conditions? No. Does it slow down your travel time? Yes. But I must say, a few things really amaze me when we get our first big snow dump of the year:

1. Why do people bitch about it? Unless this is your first winter in Calgary (and even then, you should have done your research) you should know that we can go from brown (or even green) and plus double digit temperatures...to waking up the next morning to a slippery, cold, winter wonderland. It's always going to happen. It happens every year. Stop bitching about it.

2. Mothers at the school with their kid in runners, a spring jacket, no hat and no mitts saying "I wasn't expecting the weather to change" or "It came out of nowhere". Ok....it's mid-November in Calgary...they've been telling us on the news for a few days that we were going to get a dumping of snow....have your stuff ready!!

3. Drivers just shock me. We've been hearing in the news for 3-4 days that today was the day for a huge dumping of snow. Headlines on the morning are reading "Slow Down" "Give Yourself More Time'.... and yet on my way to take my little kids to kindergarten this morning, there are idiots barreling down the highway as if it's July long weekend! Idiots!

Well that's my rant on the weather. I figure it's winter, it's going to happen....it's gonna be here for a bit....so put on the christmas songs and zip it!

No comments: