Monday, November 29, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

What a great weekend! Normally that's hard to say about an entire weekend, but this one was just that. Friday afternoon I dashed out to Chestermere to pick up Emilie's bff as she was coming to spend the weekend for E's birthday. They hadnt seen each other since we moved so it was quite the reunion. Then off to Langdon to pick up S & N...as it was also their weekend with us as well. Friday night was spent watching movies with the kids and just relaxing. Saturday the weather was gorgeous, so as the kids were playing out in the snow with the dogs, K & I hung the outside christmas lights..it was actually some pretty awesome family time. That evening we headed out to the movies.... older kids wanted to see the new Harry Potter...but when we got there, it was sold out - every show for the whole night. So the 4 older ones went and saw 'Due Date' and K & I took the rest to see "Tangled'... it was awesome!! So glad we went and it was nice to just be together. K has been working so much lately...which I appreciate, but it was nice to really have some time together.
Sunday was started with a big family breakfast. Then I headed out to return E's bff and S & N to their respective locations, pick up a few groceries...while K stayed home with the rest of the kids, tidying up the house and making chili for our Grey Cup get together with friends. Grey Cup game was awesome! Montreal did not let me down as they were who I picked to win against my darling hubby! Had some great friends over and it was a good time.
Now today is a professional day at school...so we had a sleep in, doing some cleaning up and helping my two kindergarteners build their projects for school. Love love love days with my kids!
I'm anxious to get my christmas shopping done. The decorating is done, the lists are made...just need to get the shopping done =)

No comments: