Tuesday, November 30, 2010

" I Dont Want to See Santa!"



As the holiday season is approaching and the house is now decorated, the kids have made their Christmas lists and my two youngest daughters have asked when we get to make the trip to the mall to see Santa. This is always something that we love doing...the last couple of years, it's only been the youngest 3 children that have wanted to go see the big guy...I to remember when I got 'too old' to see Santa.

So, shortly after this conversation about our impending visit to Santa, Zachary comes to me and says, "Mom, I don't want to see Santa!". I don't know why, but I swear I heard a piece of my heart break. He is only 5...with my other kids, this didn't happen until they were around 9 - 10....but 5!!

I asked him why...the response being, "I'll just mail him my list". Logical...but still hard for me to hear. He's never had a problem seeing Santa before. But since last Christmas, Autism has entered his life...maybe that has something to do with it?

I know that I cannot force him to go. I'm holding out hope that he'll change his mind when the day gets closer and the little girls are all excited. Here's hoping!

No comments: