Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Still Frozen......



Okee dokee.....so for the past week (exactly 1 week today) our world as looked like the picture above. I'm all for the snow and the chill in the air...but today (without the wind chill) it is -32. I heard on the news this morning as I drove the kids up the hill to the bus stop, that Calgary is 2nd coldest place on the PLANET today! I guess that sort of says it all. Good news, it gets better after today...well and it gives me an excuse to come straight home after taking the little kids to kindergarten...hmmm take a nap or snuggle on the couch and watch tv.... choices choices.

I'm one step closer to being ready to do my Christmas shopping. I have the lists almost completely done and now it's just a matter of going out and getting it done. Which usually would take 1 or 2 nights out doing shopping. However, with my new found freedom of having my afternoons to myself, I guess I wont have to do it a night. Much better to do it in the light of day.

I've finally decided what I'm going to make for the home made gifts this year....the gift exchange between us siblings is always something you have to make...I have a pretty good idea for this year =)

Next on my Christmas prep to do list is what to do Christmas Eve. In past years (almost every year since Keith and I have been together), we've hosted the big family get together. However, this year that is not happening. Thanksgiving was the big get together and on Dec 27th we'll have the big Sillito family get together that my parents do.... so Christmas Eve it will just be Keith, the kids and myself. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. To start are own traditions and have our awesome little (I use that term lightly) family....should be really special.

It's E's birthday on Thursday....she'll be 10 years old! I am sort of freaking out...those 10 years have gone by so quickly. Her BFF from Chestermere is coming to spend the weekend so she is really excited!! Should be fun.

Well, guess that's it. Here's hoping it's warmer when I write next =)

No comments: