Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Making Lemonade.....

Since Monday night we have been in a winter storm. And as you saw in my last post, I'm seeing a lot of Facebook status updates and Tweets of people complaining about the weather. So, my posts have been positive, not joining the long list of people complaining about something you cannot stop, change or reverse. Because you know Mother Nature is sitting there thinking "you know, if I can 1000 Calgarians to bitch about the weather, I'll send a chinook their direction"....doubtful. I've been posting Christmas must videos on my FB page...making positive comments about the snow and how pretty it is. Some have agreed. Others are just hell bent on sitting in the negative. Have fun with that.

Morgan came home yesterday with a bit of the flu. This morning, still a bit left over so I kept her home. But by mid-morning, she was perfectly ok. Could I have taken her to school at noon when I dropped off the small kids for kindergarten? Yes. But, she seem to be needing some one on one mom time....which, lets face it, is a rare thing here with you have a tribe of siblings to share one mommy with. So, once we took the small 2 to kindergarten, Morgan and I came home, I made her some hot chocolate and we put up christmas decorations. I'm sure she could have gone to school, but I have to admit, it was sort of nice to have some time with her. But, we cant really make a habit of it, so tomorrow, back to school she goes.

As mentioned in the previous paragraph, we put up some christmas decorations. We had to buy a new tree as when we were moving out of the Chestermere house, we pulled the old tree (I use the term old loosely as we'd only had it 3 years) out from where it was stored in the furnace room, and it stunk of cat pee! Yuk! Doesnt actually ooze "peace on earth".... so out it went. So the other night my fabulous hubby came home with a gorgeous, 9 ft tree (pre-lit of course) and it's gorgeous. But with a new tree in a new house....there must be new decorations - or at least if you are as neurotic as me. So the tree is up and lit...decorations to come! Other decorations out and about but when you have a house that is twice the size of were we use to be....must go shopping! So, I've been spending (wasting) countless hours looking online for tree decorating ideas. Traditional? Funky? Modern? Stay tuned for the decision.

Found out that there are new people now living in our old house. Not sure why, but this sort of bothered me. Kinda makes me want to do a drive by and check them out. But, in a -23 blizzard....well, guess I dont care that much.

I really need to get my christmas shopping done. I basically have all the lists done. From Emilie on down...it is easy peasy! But those older ones...yikes! 15 year old boys....what exactly do they want? So, I told the older ones that they have until the end of this weekend to get me a list of a few suggestions. Hopefully that will at least give me a starting point.

So....while everyone else is complaining about the nasty snow....I'm making lemonade....or at least I hope that's what the yellow snow was....

No comments: