Saturday, December 18, 2010

1 Week.........


One week from now, the house will be full of noise, opened gifts, paper & boxes scattered everywhere...and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's amazing how much a person can get done in a week. Last week at this time, I had no christmas shopping done...now it's all done, just the wrapping left. Which is the fun part for me as I'm completely neurotic about it. Several different wrapping paper choices, coordinating bows and ribbons...beautiful tags.... it's all about the packaging for me.
Kids are now out of school for the break. A collective sigh of relief was taken when they got home yesterday. We love the breaks....no getting up early, bed times are tossed out the window, and snuggled up in the house is always good.
While I was out one day this week getting the last of my shopping done, I was asked by a cashier in a store how many children I had.... so when I told her of the 8, the other cashier working with the lady helping me, made a comment about how 'crazy & expensive' that must be. I began to say to her that it is both of those at times but that Keith and I cant imagine it any other way. Then the lady helping me, with a lump in her throat said, "Oh how lucky you are". I could tell that she must have a story of great sadness for her to get so choked up just by hearing about my big family....but as it was not the time for her to bare her soul, I simply replied, "yes I am". She smiled and wished me a Merry Christmas and I wished her one as well. Now 2 days have passed since this happened, and I'm still thinking about her and what she said. It's definitely helped me to remember that despite all the noise, chaos & moments of frustration....I truly am lucky and I'm definitely clinging to it all, because as life goes on, at some point the noise will quiet and the chaos will calm....and rest assured, I will miss it all.

No comments: