Thursday, December 2, 2010

O Christmas Tree



O Christmas Tree....O Christmas Tree..... ok, here's the story! When we moved out of the old house, our old tree smelled like cat pee....YUCKY! So, a new tree was needed. My husband is a very organized shopper - so around the 3rd week in November (knowing that I was going to get the Christmas decorating itch), a new 9 1/2' tree arrived in my home. I opened up the totes of christmas decorations, only to realize that I was quite bored with the decorations. Most of them Keith had had before I came along and quite a few had gotten broke so we had this dis-organized pile of Christmas stuff...this will not do for me on my new tree in my new house ( I know I know). So I got rid of all the 'crap' (yes it's a Christmas season word) and kept only the things that the kids had made or that people had made and given to us. Needless to say, the 9 1/2' tree looked a little naked.
So, finally today, I got my act together and went to Walmart and bought brand new decorations. It's all color themed and has to match (yes, again, I know). Got it home.....oh wait, back up....the decorations from previous years that we kept, I let the kids put on the tree last week...so now I come home today with new decorations and should have just put them up...oh no! I undecorated the 'creative' decorating job my children had done and re-did the whole tree. Good grief! Yes, I know I have my issues, but my tree looks pretty damn good!

No comments: