Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oh the Joy.......


How does one effectively get Christmas shopping done when you have 8 children? There are spreadsheets involved, several trips out and (now that we have them ranging in age from 15 - 4) multiple locations. Oh the days where I could just go to Walmart and shop for all of them...those days are long gone. I normally try and get it done fairly early, however at this moment, I'm probably 3/4 done - none of it wrapped. It's been a bit easier this year as in past years the shopping was a covert operation of me sneaking out 3-4 nights after K got home to be with the kids. I was not a fan of the night time shopping as that is when a million other people are out shopping. However, as I was in the mall yesterday afternoon, it was quiet, there was lots of great parking and no lines. Yay me!
So, as most of the small kids gifts came from the large 'one stop shop' locations...the teenagers gifts required me going to the malls. I dont do malls very often - so it was an experience...but at the end of the day, very productive & actually a little fun. Knowing that we were able to find the gifts that they asked for and even a few that they didn't but they will LOVE will make it all worth it.
I'm definitely more of a giver than a receiver. I send Christmas cards to everyone I know & have an address for. I give gifts to all the teachers, bus driver and anyone else who is involved in the raising & educating of my children. And the more I shop & wrap....the happier I get. I guess that is one of the places that I find my Christmas spirit. Where do you find yours?

No comments: