Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Great Day

I think there are few days that are actually 'Great'.... not saying that days are always bad, but usually just normal, good days. Today, was pretty great!
It started with 2 hours of complete me time this morning. This did require me waking up (no alarm clock) at 7am, but when I tried to decide whether to try and fall back asleep or to get up, I thought to myself "I would have complete peace", so up I got. While my Van Houtte was brewing, I let the dogs out, watched the dozens of birds eating at the bird feeders, let the dogs back in, took my steaming cup of good morning, my recently purchased copy of 'Pride and Prejudice", a blanket that was my Grandpa's and on the couch I landed. 2 glorious hours of reading, watching the sun rise.... when a day starts like that can it go bad? Probably, but not today.
By 9:30am I had to wake the kids up as we had errands to run. Shoe shopping for the three youngest as last weeks massive house cleaning left them without sneakers that fit. So since I also to take a child to Chestermere for a sleepover birthday party and a gift was needed, we were headed to WalMart. Very easy & productive trip. Took our road trip to Chestermere to drop off the sleepover child. Then home we came with the task of doing as little as possible once the homemade chili was simmering on the stove. The rest of the day was basically reading, watching the kids play outside (YAY!) and stirring the chili once in a while. It was just a great day!

No comments: