Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Proud Mommy!

For the past few months, the children & staff at Bearspaw School have been working on hard on a very special performance. They have joined forces with the Calgary Opera and have been working on an Opera... 'Bearspaw Time'. It is such a huge deal that the media coverage is crazy & they had to hold 4 shows....2 matinees and 2 evening dinner performances. In order to involve all the students, they split them into 2 choirs, which meant that in order for me to see all my kids, I get to see it twice. Cole & Brooklyn (Zachary did not want to participate as this was way too much for him to handle) are in Choir A and Emilie & Morgan are in Choir B. I'm attending both afternoon performances. Today, Zachary & I went and watched Cole and Brooklyn...it was awesome! Of course, the element of surprise was great as the kids had kept all the music and the story line completely under wraps -- so tomorrow, it might be a bit lacking as I already know how it ends ;) Tomorrow afternoon, I'm going on my own to watch Emilie and Morgan. The night time performances are opposite their day time performance (so tonight Emilie & Morgan hit the stage - and tomorrow...well you get the idea). Thankfully, the costume was simple....blue jeans, a plain white shirt (of any style) and a bandanna (any color and anywhere on your body). Very simple & cute!
You sort of assume the older kids will do well as, well, they're the older kids. It's easy for them to behave through a 50 minute performance, remember their lines & do a good job. But for my wee ones.... watching Miss Brooklyn today was definitely something I will never forget. She is a lover of the stage. Not only did she remember all her words & the actions....she has some swagger. She has some definite flair - you'd think she'd spent her life performing. We'll have to check pursue that as she is already sad that tomorrow the Opera is over.
Cole, of course, is also a very animated guy and he added his own personality into the performance. He did a great job!
I'm so excited to see Emilie & Morgan perform it tomorrow :) Morgan has been so excited and Emilie is a lot like Brooklyn in that if there is a stage and someone to listen, a performance must happen. I am ALWAYS proud of my children....this week is just a little bit more :)

No comments: