Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinderella




In my previous post, I had mentioned a few changes that are occurring around here. The one involving the business has happened - and now we are just figuring out what happens now with the various roles and responsibilities. Fun though as I get to be way more involved now and actually feel more like a partner than a helper.

The other change....still not giving details....brought on a lot of hard work for me this week. I have been de-cluttering and cleaning like a maniac! I'm not just talking dusting and vacuuming.... I'm talking hard core, dragging everything out of cupboards, closets, scrubbing floors, walls...blah blah blah! So after starting Monday morning.... and doing nothing but until late last night....for the most part I believe its almost done. A few small things left and I want to move the furniture in the living room ..... but definitely looking better and will allow us to proceed with our plan.

And to prove what I've been saying for ever.... I do believe I am allergic to cleaning as after this 3 day marathon....I woke up today with a cold....AHA! Unlikely that it will deem me off the hook for finishing or never having to do it again.

There was one perk to the cleaning palooza (besides the fact that the house is clean). I went through a few boxes of stuff I had from my growing up years. Found old school year books....that was scary! Found photos of friends & family...always good for a laugh. Then I stumbled across the box that is dedicated to things from or about my Grandma & Grandpa.....bawl fest! I have one of my grandpa's shirts & ball caps in there (both still have the hint of smoke smell - only good in this case) and the I found the birthday card & handwritten note from them that they gave to me on my 16th birthday! Although it was very sad.....it really did make my whole day. I'm so lucky to have been blessed to be their grand daughter!

So now there are just a few things left to do - and now nursing a cold....but it was worth it :)

No comments: