Friday, May 28, 2010

He's Coming Home.......


California has been a better place this week as it's had my hubby there....ok, cheesy....but true. I have girlfriends that also have hubbies that travel for work - so they get how that feels....as the girlfriends that have their hubbies with them all the time as 'what really changes when they're gone...you do everything regardless'. It is very different.
Yes, in our household, I am mostly responsible for the day to day kid chasing, housework, cooking, and so on... the kids have their chores which is very helpful - but it's not that sort of stuff that you feel the empty. (and NO....it's not all about the sex;)
In our house.... even though I do all that stuff whether K is here or not.... he is the one that takes care of me. Asks how my day was...just simply asks how I am. And just knowing that he's here (even if he's buried in work in the office)....makes me happy. Having him gone...is like missing a piece of me. I had to go through a lot of heartbreak and crap to find him (well he says he found me) and when we are apart...it is a noticeable loss.
There are very few people that I can be 100% myself around....he is the main one. He loves me for me...he doesn't care about my past, he see's the real me and he loves me unconditionally - which is getting harder and harder to find anywhere else.
We both respect each other and I'm sure that is also one of the main reasons why we can also work together so well. Sure, we have different opinions on stuff...but we dont fight, argue, scream...or any other dramatic crap.
So today he comes home - YAY! Kids are bouncing off the walls to see him....I'm trying to contain myself ;)

No comments: