Monday, May 24, 2010

Long Weekend.......


Typically the long weekend in our neck of the woods is considered the go ahead for planing...I'm waiting. Emilie started a 'garden' at school and it came home last week in these small planters....6 in total. 3 flowering and 3 vegetable. I'm not sure of the likelihood that they will live, let alone actually produce anything, but we're going to give it our best. Thankfully I had two big planters (they look like small troughs) that I had no plans for yet this year, so we transplanted her projects into them on Saturday. I probably would have preferred they actually go into the ground, but given that I'm not sure how long the ground will be 'our ground'...I didn't want to commit to sticking them in the ground here. So now we wait...they are definitely growing in height, the sunflower we've already had to put supports around it as it was getting taller and starting to tip. One of her plants is a tomato plant. In a few weeks, when the hanging in the balance is over, then I'll decide what I'm planting this year. But for now, we nurse Emilie's little project hoping for the best.

Keith is gone to California for the week for a business training. Doesn'tseem to matter if he's gone for 1 night or 6.....I always miss him by the time I'm home from dropping him off at the airport. Guess that says something.

Upcoming weekend is dance recital weekend. Thankful that it's only Emilie in the recital as juggling her schedule with Keith out of town is interesting enough..let alone if Morgan and Brooklyn were still involved. Should be all good though! Will post pics after the weekend.

No comments: